Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) Supplemental Nutrition Program Application Instructions
Steps to apply:
- Visit www.dss.cahwnet.gov, download and print an application form. A detailed list of county agency locations is available on this website.
- Carefully answer all questions on the application form. Provide as much data as possible.
You may choose to return the completed application form in person to a local CDSS office or mail it to:
California WIC Program
Dept. of Public Health
P.O. Box 997375
Sacramento, CA 95899-7375
- 7. WIC applications are processed immediately and an eligibility personnel schedules a one on one interview to determine your benefit amounts. Applications delivered in person are processed as soon as they are received.
- 8. Interview in person with a social service worker, explains the program, calculate benefits and help you finish incomplete sections of the application forms. One on one interviews are necessary, but the eligibility personnel may decide to waive them depending on the situation. It is only after the interview that the food stamp office sends an explanation of benefits letter.
Remember vouchers and checks can be used to buy only WIC approved foods such as eggs, milk, juice, vegetables, peanut butter and dried beans. A full list of approved items is available at the WIC office.
For an online application, visit www.dss.cahwnet.gov.
Must have a gross income below 185% of the federal poverty level:
|Number of persons in Family Unit||Annual Income|
|More than 8||$7,326 per each additional family member|
- Pregnant women
- Breastfeeding women up to the infant's first birthday
- New mothers up to six months after giving birth
- Children up to the child's fifth birthday