Healthcare for Uninsured Kids and Youth Application Instructions
There are several ways to apply for HUSKY:
Apply by Mail
Print and mail the application to the HUSKY Program office along with the required application documents listed below to:
P.O. BOX 280747
EAST HARTFORD, CT06128
Telphone Application / Appointment
Call HUSKY Info line at 1-877-CT-HUSKY (1-877-284-8759) and set an appointment.
- Identification documents for yourself and the people in your household
- Proof of social security number for yourself and the people in your household
- Proof of residency
- Proof of citizenship or immigration status for yourself and household
- Proof of household's income
- Proof of household's resources
- Proof of household's expenses/li>
- Proof of child or dependent care expenses
The HUSKY program verifies your personal information using data from social security administration, labor department, motor vehicle department and other sources. Eventually, they compare this information with the data that you have submitted to them to see if it is inaccurate. If you are applying for your children, you do not need to provide documents about yourself. However, proof of citizenship and identity for your children is a must.
If your children do not qualify to be covered by HUSKY A, they may be covered by HUSKY B.
You qualify for HUSKY A and B if:
- You have a child 18 years old or younger
- You are a resident of Connecticut
- Have a qualifying income and resource level
- A refugee
HUSKY Income Guidelines
For criteria and income guidelines click here. When looking at the HUSKY family income guidelines,†some income and certain expenses may be deducted to qualify.