Higher Education Financial Services - DC Tuition Assistance Program Application Instructions
You can decide to apply to the program by obtaining a physical application form, from the Higher Education Financial services. After acquiring the forms you are required to fill out all responses and submit it via mail, or by delivering it personally to the higher education financial services offices.
Office Contact Information
Higher Education Financial Services
Contact Phone:†(202) 727-2824
Office Hours:†Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
Computer savvy individuals might find it easier to fill out an online application form. This is convenient as it allows the applicant to fill out the form at any time, anywhere provided he or she has access to the internet. All one needs to do is to follow this link.
You can ask for application assistance by calling the Higher Education Financial services during working hours. This is particularly helpful as you will be assisted by an official who has an understanding of the application process, and thus will advise you accordingly.
In order to be eligible for the services offered by the DC higher education financial services, you need to meet certain eligibility requirements. These requirements are:
- For one to be considered for the program he or she needs to provide proof of US citizenship or legal residency. This is an important requirement and thus you should remember to attach proof when submitting your application.
- You should have resided in D.C for a minimum of 12 months prior to submitting the application. These helps shield against those individuals who move to DC just to gain access to the program
- You should have a good academic record. This is relative and is usually pegged on the requirements of the college you are attending.
- You should have a clean record with regards to paying federal student loans. Any records of defaulting may lead to automatic disqualification.
- You should have enrolled in an ongoing bachelors or associate program
- First time applicants should be 25 years or below at the time of application.