Food Stamps Application Instructions
In order to apply for the Idaho Food Stamps (SNAP) program you can either:
- Apply by Mail
- Apply in Person
- Or Apply via Fax
Applying by Mail
You can apply for the Idaho Food Stamps (SNAP) program via normal postal mail. This is a convenient application process as it saves you the time needed to visit the Idaho Food stamps (SNAP) offices. To apply via mail, you first need to print out an application form from this link: Idaho Food Stamps (SNAP) application form.
You should then proceed to fill the application forms and provide copies of documents such as driver's license or government issued identification document, recent bank statement, current medical bill and other verification documents highlighted on this link: required verification documents.
After filing the forms and attaching all the copies of the required verification documents you should proceed to mail the application form to your nearest local field office found at this link: location information
After submission of the application, the Idaho Food Stamps (SNAP) officials will respond by either:
- Mailing you an interview appointment letter
- Conducting an interview with you via phone, or
- Mailing you a notification that will inform you of the benefits that you are eligible to receive
Applying in Person
You can apply for the Idaho Food Stamps (SNAP) program by visiting your nearest local field office available on this link: location information you will be given an application form which you will proceed to fill and submit. Before going to your local Idaho Food Stamps (SNAP) offices you should make sure you b the required verification documents.
Applying Via Fax
This is also a convenient way of applying for the Idaho Food Stamps (SNAP) program. All you need to do is to print an application form, available on this link: Idaho Food Stamps (SNAP) application form. You should then fill the application form and proceed to fax it along with the required verification documents to the following toll free number: Fax to 1-866-434-8278.
This application will then be processed and you will receive official communication on whether it was successful or not.
Important contact information for the Idaho Health and Welfare services which administers the Idaho Food Stamps (SNAP) program can be found on this link: contact information.
In order to be eligible for the Idaho Food Stamps (SNAP), applicants must meet certain eligibility requirements. These eligibility requirements include:
- Applicants should be US citizens or legal aliens who have resided in the US for at least five years.
- Applicants must be residents of the state of Idaho.
- All applicants should meet the Idaho Food Stamps (SNAP) income eligibility requirements. This requirement specifies that for one to be eligible to the program he or she should have a maximum gross monthly income that does not exceed 130 percent of the federal poverty level. A table containing the maximum income with the respective family size is available at the following link: Idaho Food stamps (SNAP) income eligibility requirements
- Applicants to the Idaho Food Stamps (SNAP) program should not have assets whose value exceeds $2,000. This amount includes any monies in the bank and vehicles that are not being used to generate an income.
- In order to qualify for the program, able bodied individuals should either be participating in work or a work related training program.