Healthwave Application Instructions
There are three ways to apply for the Kansas Healthwave:
Online application takes only about 15 minutes. Go the Kansas HealthWave self-service portal at: https://cssp.kees.ks.gov/ and do the following:
- Click on the tab that says "apply"
- Click "Sign Up" to create a new account
- Fill up all the required fields. Incomplete forms will not be accepted
- Click "submit"
Apply by Mail or in Person
You may go to your local Outstation Eligibility Staff Office and ask for an application or download and print the form which can be found here: www.kdheks.gov/hcf/medical_assistance/apply_for_assistance
Complete it and submit it to the representative or mail it to:
PO Box 3599
Topeka, KS 66601
For a complete list of eligibility staff locations, click this link: www.kdheks.gov/olrh/LHD_CntyMap
Apply by Phone
Contact the HealthWave Clearinghouse at 1 (800) 792-4884 and ask for an application to be sent to you.
Within a few days, you will hear from a Kansas Healthwave representative. The application and interview process will be faster if you have the following documents at hand:
- Information about work and salary
- Social Security Numbers
- Birth Certificates
- Documents about child support
- Health Bills
- Proof of citizenship: US citizen, immigrant status, etc.
- Assets (for ages 65 and up)
- Monthly rental (for ages 65 and up)
You will receive a mailed notice once your application to Kansas Healthwave is approved.
The Kansas Healthwave provides for the medical services of uninsured children residents of low-income Kansas families. To avail of this program, the applicant must be:
- A Kansas resident who is not over 19 years of age and is not protected with any type of medical plan
- An American citizen, immigrant or has established residency
- A member of a household whose total income does not exceed the required income level found in this link: www.benefits.gov/benefits/benefit-details/
- For a complete list of eligibility requirements, click this link: www.kdheks.gov/hcf/Medicaid/download/Medical_Coverage_for_children.pdf