Maryland Energy Assistance Program Application Instructions
In order to apply for MEAP assistance, you have different options:
You can apply online for MEAP assistance through SAIL by clicking here. SAIL provides easy electronic application filing for various programs in Maryland.
Apply by Mail
Apply in Person
If you want to apply in person, you can locate your nearest Energy Assistance Office and fill out an application there. If you need any assistance, you can call at (800) 352 1446.
To qualify for MEAP assistance, you will have to meet certain eligibility requirements:
- You must be a resident of state of Maryland
- You must be a U.S citizen or a qualified alied
- Your annual income must be within income limits set for the program. You can check whether you qualify or not by comparing your income against household size in this MEAP income eligibility chart.
- If you receive SSI, Food stamps, or TCA, you may automatically qualify for MEAP
- If you are disabled and you live on a low fixed-income, you may automatically qualify for MEAP
If you meet all these requirements, you can expect to receive MEAP benefits as soon as your application is approved.