Medicaid Application Instructions
There are several ways to apply for Medicaid:
This is the best way to apply for Medicaid since a personal interview is required for the representative to assess your chances of eligibility.
- For the aged and disabled, download and print the application form in this link:
- For families and children, click this link:
Complete all the required fields and mail to the local authorized agency. To find the authorized agency nearest you, click this link:
Apply by Phone/In-Person
Please call the Division of Medicaid toll free number at 1 (800) 421 - 2408 and ask for the nearest State Office contact. You may also call the local phone number at (601) 359-6050.
NOTE: In determining your eligibility status, the interviewer may look for any of the following documents**:
- Identity: US passport, birth certificate, SSS numbers of each member of the family
- Family Income: salary stubs, payroll record, proof of SSS or Veteran's Administration benefits, bank books, real estate information and health plans
**The entire application process will be faster if you have these documents with you.
Medicaid provides quality, no to low cost medical services to households which have incomes below the poverty level. You can apply for Medicaid if you are:
- 19 years old and below who do not have any kind of insurance
- Pregnant women
- Legal alien
- Low income parents/guardians with children under 18
- Over 65 years old, legally blind or disabled
- Working person with disability with child dependents not more than 18 years old
To check if you are eligible for Medicaid, consult the Eligibility Guidelines which can be found here: