WIC Application Instructions
In order to apply for the Mississippi WIC program you need to find and contact your nearest county health department available on this link: www.msdh.state.ms.us/msdhsite/, or at: www.fns.usda.gov/wic/Contacts/.
You will be able to schedule an appointment with a program representative who will interview you by verifying you documents and asking you specific questions aimed at establishing your eligibility to the program. Before going to the interview you should carry the important verification documents listed on the following link: www.msdh.state.ms.us/msdhsite/.
Once your application has been successfully processed you will start accessing the benefits of the program.
Contact Information for the Mississippi WIC Program:
Mississippi WIC Program
805 S. Wheatley St
Ridgeland, MS 39157
Phone: 601) 991-6000 or call toll-free (800) 545-6747 if outside of Jackson
In order to qualify for the Mississippi WIC program, applicants must meet a specified set of eligibility requirements. These requirements are mainly categorical, residential, income and medical in nature and are highlighted in the subsequent paragraphs.
Mississippi Categorical WIC Eligibility Requirements:
- Pregnant women who are currently undergoing pregnancy or are within 6 week of the birth of an infant or at the end of the pregnancy
- Postpartum women
- Breastfeeding women up to the infants first birthday
- Are eligible up to their first birthday
- Are eligible up to their fifth birthdays
Residential Eligibility Requirements
- Applicants to the Mississippi WIC programs are required to be residents of the state of Mississippi
- Applicants are required to apply to a local Mississippi clinic that serves their local area
- Applicants are supposed to have lived in the state of Mississippi for a period of at least five years
Mississippi WIC Income Eligibility Requirements
In order to be eligible for the Mississippi WIC program, you must meet a specified set of income eligibility requirements. A detailed explanation of these eligibility requirements is found on this link: www.benefits.gov/benefits/benefit-details/2070.
Applicants who are currently receiving benefits such as MEDICAID , TANF, and other general assistance program are considered automatically income eligible and thus do not need to undergo the income tests.
Medical Examination Eligibility Requirement
Individuals applying for the Mississippi WIC program must be medically examined by a healthcare professional and established to be nutritionally at risk.
You can asses you eligibility to the Mississippi WIC program using the online pre-screening tool available on the following link: www.wic.fns.usda.gov/wps/pages/start.jsf.