Nebraska Kids Connection Application Instructions
Click here to apply online for Kids Connection program in Nebraska. You will be able to enter the online application form in English as well as in Spanish. Choose the language you feel comfortable with.
Apply by Mail
If you want to apply by mail, you can do so by downloading Kids Connection application. Once you have the application, complete it, and send it to Nebraska Children's Health Insurance program. You can also download application in Spanish.
If you need more information about Kids Connection program, you can call at 1 800 383 4278.
In order to qualify for Kids Connection program, you will have to meet general eligibility criteria for SCHIP. Apart from that, you will be required to meet certain income criteria. Here is how you can check if you meet financial eligibility for the program or not.
- You will need to subtract $100 from gross income for each working adult in the household. You will also need to subtract day care costs.
- Your unearned income will be added to the amount left from your gross income after necessary deductions. Examples of unearned income can include worker's compensation, unemployment compensation, social security benefits, child support, etc.
- Once you have your income amount with you, compare it with the income limits set by Kids Connection program according to your household size.
Your kids will also have to meet certain general eligibility requirements such as:
- Child should be a resident of state of Nebraska
- Child should be a U.S citizen or a legal alien
- Child should be under 19 years of age