Medicaid Application Instructions
If you meet the general and income requirements, you can apply for Medicaid to receive comprehensive medical insurance. You can apply online as well as through mail. Here is how to do it.
You can apply online for NH Medicaid program by clicking here to visit NH Easy. NH Easy provides an easy and simple electronic application method for various NH services. You will not just be able to apply online, but you can also track your application status using the NH Easy website.
Apply Through Mail
You can apply through mail for NH Medicaid program. In order to apply, you will be required to download application. You can download the appropriate application from links below
- Application for Adults | Spanish Version
- Application for Children's Medicaid | Spanish Version
- Application for Pregnant women | Spanish Version
After you download and complete the application, you can send it to DFA office.
Apply in Person
You can also apply in person for Medicaid program by visiting your nearest DFA office.
Since NH Medicaid provides services to adults as well as children, it has different eligibility requirements for both groups. Let's look at each of them individually
Eligibility for Children
DHHS wants to ensure that each children enrolled in the Medicaid program receives comprehensive insurance and health services. DHHS works with various community health centers, hospitals, schools, and healthcare providers to ensure that children across the state have access to necessary medical services. However, children will have to meet certain age and income limitations to receive services through Medicaid program.
- Age limit: 19 years
- Residency and citizenship: Child should be a resident of North Hampshire and be a US citizen or a legal alien.
- ncome limit: Up to 300% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL)
Disabled children will receive special coverage through Medicaid program if they are under the age of 18 years. In case of a child attending high school or its equivalent full-time, the age limit is relaxed and set at 19 years. The disabled children don't have to be living with their parents or caretaker relatives to be enrolled for this coverage program.
Eligibility for Adults
Adults will also have to meet certain eligibility requirements in order to qualify for NH Medicaid.
- Applicant must be a resident of state of New Hampshire
- Applicants must not be receiving medical assistance from any other state
- Applicants will have to meet age limit for sub-programs they are looking to apply
- Applicants must provide their social security number
- Applicants must meet DFA Net Monthly Income Limits to qualify for the program. The net income will include wages, self-employment income, veterans benefits, rental income, and social security benefits.
- Applicants must provide details of resources owned by household so that their eligibility can be determined. Resources for the purpose of Medicaid program include stocks, bank accounts, bonds, real estate, and cash.