CEAP Application Instructions
In order to apply for CEAP assistance, you will have to contact a participating community agency. You can download PDF and locate CEAP service provider. Here is the link for a PDF application file. Clicking the link will download a .pdf file. You will have to have Adobe Acrobat Reader or another PDF reader to view this file.
You can dial (877) 399-8939 to reach a community agency in your area. This is a toll-free number so you should call from your landline. If you only have a mobile phone, you can dial 2-1-1 and the operator will connect you with your nearest local service provider.
Requirements for Application
Here is what you need to attach with your application. Applications incomplete in any way will not be considered for assistance through CEAP.
- Picture ID
- Social Security Card (photocopy) for all living in the household
- Proof of income of all living in the household and are above 18 years of age. It will also include persons receiving benefits under TANF, SSI, Social Security, Disability Benefits, Veteran Benefits, Child Support, as well as persons receiving unemployment benefits
- History of utility usage over last 12 months
- Current utility bill
People using cash assistance under CEAP will also have various educational services available so that they can learn about the energy crises and can make their energy use more efficient. This will enable them to reduce their energy costs. Here is what is available for such households other than financial assistance to pay off bills.
Availability of Funds
Funds are available under assistance through CEAP for
- Electric bills
- Propane bills
- Natural gas bills
- Replacing or repairing heating systems
- Replacing or repairing cooling systems
Eligible households will not only receive funds for paying their energy bills, but they will also receive help through:
- Energy conservation workshops
- Financial management counseling
- Case management services
- General information and referrals
CEAP is not an entitlement. This means that households will only receive funds based on their availability.
Before you apply for assistance through CEAP, you will have to meet certain eligibility criteria. To receive assistance through CEAP:
- Resident of State of Texas
- Income eligibility: Annual income before taxes should be under $21,660 for a household comprising of only one person. For two persons living in the household, the annual income limit for CEAP eligibility is $29,140. Similarly the eligibility income will be $36,620 for three, $44,100 for four, $51580 for five, $59,060 for six, $66,540 for seven, and $74,020 for eight people living in a household. For each person above eight, additional $7,480 can be added to compute income eligibility limit.
- Households with elderly (persons above 60 years of age), disable persons, household with young children (under the age of 6 years)