Food Stamps Application Instructions
Interested individuals can apply for the Virginia-SNAP-food program by visiting the following link:
By following this link, you will be able to obtain step by step guidance on the Virginia- SNAP Food stamps application process. The site breaks down the application process into five sections where you can stop between the sections and save the information you have entered before proceeding to the next section.
Application via Phone
Individuals interested in the Virginia-SNAP-food stamps program have the option of applying via phone by calling this toll free number: 1-800-552-3431. By dialing this number, you will be able to communicate with a qualified member of staff that will answer any queries you may have regarding the Virginia SNAP food stamps application process. These members of staff can also have the application forms sent to you either via email or via traditional mail.
For those individuals interested in making personal applications, one can click on the link below and identify the Virginia Department of Social Services office closest to them.
After identifying the appropriate office, you can personally go to the office, obtain the relevant application forms and ask any questions you may have regarding the application process.
Some of the basic eligibility requirements for the Virginia-SNAP- Food Stamps include:
- You must be a US citizen
- You must be a resident of the State of Virginia
The other eligibility requirements include:
- Must have a current bank balance of less than $2,001
- For individuals living with a person over the age of 60, or a person with a disability, one must have a current bank balance of less than $3,001
- Individuals that can work and are between the ages of 18 to 50 may be subject to a work requirement in order to receive SNAP
- One must have an annual household income of less than $14,079 (for one individual), and an additional $4,862 for every extra individual living in the house