Medicaid Application Instructions
Applying for Medicaid benefits in South Dakota is easy. You can use any of the following methods to initiate an application for benefits.
The easiest way to apply for Medicaid benefits in South Dakota is to complete an application online. Visit this link to start your application now.
Apply by mail or fax
You can also apply for South Dakota Medicaid benefits by sending your application to Department of Social Services office via mail or fax. You can download an application form here. Print the form and fill it with all the required details.
Make sure you provide accurate personal and financial information in the application form.
If you cannot download an application online for some reason, you can request an application form to be mailed to you. Call at 1-800-305-3064 and ask them to send you an application form for the category you want to apply.
In order to receive Medicaid benefits in South Dakota, individuals need to meet certain eligibility guidelines. The following categories will qualify for Medicaid as long as they are needy and meet income guidelines for the program.
- Children between age 0 and 1: Household income up to 182% of FPL
- Children between age 1 and 5: Household income up to 182% of FPL.
- Children between age 6 and 18: Household income up to 182% of FPL.
- Pregnant women: Household income up to 133% of FPL.
- Adults such as eligible parents and caretakers: Household income up to 57% of FPL.