Georgia PeachCare Application Information
Georgia PeachCare provides zero to low-priced total health care for the children of residents whose incomes are below poverty level but are over the required limits for Medicaid. For a very minimal amount, qualified children can avail of the following: basic to specialist child care, dental and eye care, hospitalization, emergency room services, prescribed medicines and psychological care. A Georgia Families Care Management Organization (CMO) is assigned for each child enrolled in the program.
Children of low-income households who are under 18 years of age may avail of PeachCare's low-cost health care services. Children aged 5 years and below are free of charge. A household with one qualified child has to pay a monthly fee of $10 to $35. For families with 2 or more children, a fee of $70 is required.
Only uninsured children for the past six months are qualified to join the program. However, if a child lost his coverage for valid reasons, the child can join even if he has been insured for the past six months.
PeachCare offers low-cost medical services for the children of Georgia's low-income residents. These include:
- immunizations and regular check-ups
- medical treatment from a certified physician
- specialist care
- Dental care
- Eye care, as well as eye screenings and eyeglasses
- Hospital confinement
- Emergency Room services
- Prescription medications
- Mental health care
- Membership in a Care Management
- Organization that is responsible for coordinating the child's care
If you have any questions or complaints regarding Georgia PeachCare, dial†404-463-8368 or e-mail PEACHCARE@dch.ga.gov.
Although Georgia PeachCare aims to provide coverage to all uninsured children from low-income households, it still has certain requirements that need to be met. These requirements are:
- United States Citizen
- Residents who have acquired permanent residency (parents are not required to prove their residency)
- Refugees who live in Georgia
- Uninsured children
- Children of employees of the State of Georgia, the public school system (including teachers, bus drivers, administrative staff, etc.) or the Board of Regents
- Households who meet the income requirements found by clicking here.
PeachCare Application Instructions
There are several ways to apply for PeachCare Medicaid:
Applying for PeachCare is easier and faster Online. It only takes ten minutes if you have the required information about your child/children's latest health insurance plan and parent's proof of income, child support or other resources. Make sure that you fill out all the required fields and review your application before you submit the application.
If you don't have a username and password yet, please click here.
If you have already logged in but were unable to finish your application, click here.
Once you are done with the forms, you will be required to print a Signature Page and an Income Verification form. Complete the forms then fax or mail the forms to PeachCare For Kids, P.O. Box 2583, Atlanta, GA 30301-2583. For further assistance, dial 1-877-GA-PEACH (1-877-427-3224)
Fill out all the required fields in a paper application which can be downloaded in either English or Spanish by clicking here and mail it to PeachCare For Kids, P.O. Box 2583, Atlanta, GA 30301-2583.
Call 877- GA PEACH or 877-427-3224 from 7:30 am to 7:30 pm, Monday to Friday. A representative will assist you and take your application.
Here's a list of documents that you may need to prove your income limits:
- Salary stubs or recent monthly payroll record
- Documents that prove your income in SSS, Veteran's Administration, etc./li>
- Health/ Life insurance plans
- Bank books
- Property information such as real estate and bonds
If you want to get an informational brochures about PeachCare, please call 404-463-8368 or e-mail PEACHCARE@dch.ga.gov.