Nebraska Nebraska Kids Connection (SCHIP) Application Information
Kids Connection is State's Children Health Insurance Program for the residents of Nebraska. The program provides all the necessary health and medical services as an expansion of Medicaid program. Those kids that fail to qualify for the Medicaid program will be able to apply for Kids Connection in the state of Nebraska.
Children with low family income will be able to qualify for the program. It is possible to check financial eligibility before actually applying for the program. You can calculate your gross family income after deducting necessary expenses to see if your child qualifies for Kids Connection.
In addition to financial eligibility, children will also be required to meet general eligibility guidelines set for Medicaid program.
Kids Connection program provides medical cover for different services including regular check-ups. Regular check-ups include baby checkups, immunizations, yearly checkups for school going kids, dental and vision care, and hearing testing.
Kids Connection program will also provide medical coverage for injuries and illness at the earliest. The program also provides coverage for doctor visits, eyeglasses, lab tests, x-rays, prescription drugs, and hospital care.
To apply for the program, you can fill and submit an application online. You can also download application form in English or Spanish. You will also be able to request application form through phone. It will be sent to your mailing address.
In order to qualify for Kids Connection program, you will have to meet general eligibility criteria for SCHIP. Apart from that, you will be required to meet certain income criteria. Here is how you can check if you meet financial eligibility for the program or not.
- You will need to subtract $100 from gross income for each working adult in the household. You will also need to subtract day care costs.
- Your unearned income will be added to the amount left from your gross income after necessary deductions. Examples of unearned income can include worker's compensation, unemployment compensation, social security benefits, child support, etc.
- Once you have your income amount with you, compare it with the income limits set by Kids Connection program according to your household size.
Your kids will also have to meet certain general eligibility requirements such as:
- Child should be a resident of state of Nebraska
- Child should be a U.S citizen or a legal alien
- Child should be under 19 years of age
Nebraska Kids Connection Application Instructions
Click here to apply online for Kids Connection program in Nebraska. You will be able to enter the online application form in English as well as in Spanish. Choose the language you feel comfortable with.
Apply by Mail
If you want to apply by mail, you can do so by downloading Kids Connection application. Once you have the application, complete it, and send it to Nebraska Children's Health Insurance program. You can also download application in Spanish.
If you need more information about Kids Connection program, you can call at 1 800 383 4278.