Transitional Employment Assistance Application Instructions

If you wish to check whether your family is eligible for submission into TEA program, the best way is to visit your local Department of Human Services. This is where you'll get all of the needed information and this is where you can also go to if you're having a certain questions or problems after you've sent an application. You should also know that after you've signed up for participation in the TEA program, you might be invited to an interview which is sometimes needed before the final approval by the Department of Human Services. After you have successfully brought all of the needed documents and filled out needed application, your request should be approved or denied no later than thirty days.

Even though some of the documents that you'll need to collect in order to sign up for TEA program might be a little bit different for your particular case, these are the documents which you'll generally need in order to apply:

  • Birth certificate, which is needed as a proof of your identity and age.
  • Birth certificates of your children, which are need as a proof of their identities, your relation to them and their age.
  • Social Security numbers for all of the adult members of your family.
  • If you are a single parent, you also need a document which will prove that the other parent is deceased or not living with you.
  • Income information, which could be pay stubs or government checks.
  • Documents which will show the monthly expenses of your household like mortgage or rent receipts.
  • Proof of immunization for all pre-school age children.
  • If you're not a U.S. citizen you'll also need a proof of your immigration status.

You should be also prepared to bring any other requested documents and this varies from one case to another since there are many different situations with different families.

Eligibility Requirements

In order to apply for Transitional Employment Assistance program you'll need to meet the following requirements:

  • You need to be a U.S. citizen or legal alien/li>
  • be a permanent resident of the State of Arkansas
  • qualify as a low-income family
  • be responsible for at least one child under the age 18. You don't have to a biological parent, since you can also be a legal guardian

You should also know who could be generally considered to be a user of TEA program and those are:

  • Children under the age of 18, which are not currently using SSI programs
  • Parents (one or two) who are currently living in the home and taking care of one or more children, which aren't using SSI programs
  • Step-parent, which is living in the same home with the child and which isn't using SSI programs
  • Siblings living in the same household with the rest of the family. These siblings need to be under the age of 18 and they also shouldn't be currently using any SSI programs
  • Sibling which could be an adult caretaker, who is also living in the same home. TEA covers only one of such relative

Previously mentioned SSI programs are different kinds of Supplemental Security Income programs which are created to financially help persons in need.