WAP Application Instructions
The following information will lead you to the next steps to apply for this benefit.
You can contact a local provider to determine your eligibility: www.csd.ca.gov/Services/FindServicesinYourArea
You can follow this link to begin the online application: Apply Online Here.
- Fill an application form which takes approximately 20 minutes
- Produce proof of income for the year prior to your application.
- Must be a parent or a responsible guardian of a young child who is too young to be admitted in any public school.
- Proof of number of people living in your household.
If you need further help please call: 1 (866) 675-6623
In order to qualify for this benefit program you must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- You must be a resident of the state of California in need of financial assistance for home energy costs.
- Qualified to receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI) or Aid to Families with Dependent Children.
- You are over 60 years of age
- Have a family member with special needs
- You must have an annual household income (before taxes) that is below the following amounts:
|Family Size||Annual Income|
For family units with more than 8 members add $1,416 for each additional member.
Once your eligibility is approved, your local weatherization agency puts you on a waiting list. Residents with urgent needs are usually put on top of the list. Then the following tasks are carried out by professional weatherization personnel from your area:
- Professional energy consultation is carried out
- Infiltration of outside air using a blower door is tested
- Your equipment is tested for safety and health
- Analysis of the most pocket friendly energy measures for your household is made
- Your local weatherization agency puts you on a schedule and work begins