FamilyInv Application Instructions

There are different avenues through which one can make an application to the IOWA family investment program. The two major application methods are:

Filling a Paper Application

This method is fairly easy as all you need to do is to obtain an application form from the Iowa department of human services, or any other FIP agency. Once you have obtained an application form, you should proceed to provide correct responses to all the questions in the allocated response fields on the form. Once you have filled the application you should attach all the necessary supporting documents as specified in the application form. Once all this is done you should submit you're completed for by either mailing it or by personally delivering it to the administering office.

Paper applications are preferred due to their simplicity, and the fact that if you pick up a paper application you can obtain advice from FIP Iowa representatives who have an understanding of the entire application form and thus may prove to be a valuable asset.

Online Application

If you are looking for more convenience and flexibility you should consider filling out an online application. All you need to do is to visit the following link:

The main advantage of the online application is that you can fill it at any time from the comfort of your home or any other convenient place. The online application also allows you to quickly identify and correct mistakes that might otherwise jeopardize your chances of being a member of the Iowa Family Investment Program.

You can also decide to request for the application form and information on the application process by calling a toll free number that will enable you to talk to a representative who will address all your queries.

You can submit your completed application form at a local DHS office. Fins your local DHS office here:

DHS Toll free numbers

(515) 281-6899 or (800) 972-2017

Eligibility Requirements

In order to qualify as a participant in the Iowa Family Investment Program you need to meet a set of specified eligibility requirements. These requirements are:

  • You should be a resident of IOWA and should have proof of having resided in Iowa for the past 12 months
  • You should either be pregnant or should be taking care of a child under the age of 19
  • You should be a citizen of the US or a legal alien
  • You should have what is categorized as low or very low income according to the financial requirements chart found by following this link: